Denmark’s first Travelife Certified incoming agency – See all our sustainability efforts on this page
BDP - A company who cares
In a world facing challenges in climate and resources and lately also the industry challenge of “over-tourism and pandemic, it is imperative for us all to take responsibility, a responsibility that BDP is willing to take and share in order to limit our footprint and secure the planet is still a safe place to be.
Our aim is to be a CO2 neutral company by 2025
BDP is a privately-owned company with a focus on Cruise, Congress and Events business. Furthermore, BDP owns the guide and hostess agency, Gvidi.
In a world facing challenges in climate and resources and lately also the industry challenge of “over-tourism, it is imperative for us all to take responsibility, a responsibility that BDP is willing to take, being it: Environment, Business Integrity or Responsible Labor Practice. Three areas that have become very important focus areas.
BDP has contact with many suppliers, partners and guests during a year and as such have found it important to document guidelines regarding, how we wish the respective parties to conduct business and act when working with BDPs.
It is important for all who work with BDP to be aware of our business values and practices and know that we conduct ourselves in a responsible manner.
We work collectively to give back to society and our planet where possible, which is why we are the proud main sponsor of bybi.dk (City Bee project), but also subsidizing homeless projects, SOS Children’s Villages and Paralympics – and participate in an official sustainability group in Copenhagen for over-tourism.
The establishing of responsibilities and working on “safe” relationships is a key part of securing safe working practices and promoting a culture of responsibility and safety within BDP and our sub-contractors. BDP is compliant with all health, safety, labour, and environmental laws and regulations in Denmark and surrounding countries.
BDP is aware that practicing the above is hard work and an on-going process where the needs are changing, but we keep focus on adapting and wishes to be a compliant company for the future.
Our vision is to provide better sustainable experiences & events for a better planet
Owner & CEO
As a company of the 21st century, BDP is aware of the importance of limiting its footprint on the planet. Being aware of sustainability, reduction of carbon dioxide emissions, waste reduction, it is imperative for BDP as a company to take responsibility and show suppliers, costumers, partners and employees that this mission is to be taken seriously by all parties.
The aim is to be a CO2 neutral company by 2025
Our vision is to provide better experiences & events for a better planet
At BDP we commit ourselves to this mission by focusing on our impact on the environment is it our relations with costumers, community or employees, or being in our daily routines.
BDP’s three main areas of focus:
a) Environment (Taking Care) – sustainability (including supply chain).
Our business is proud of our destination and we wish to share and introduce it to our guests in a manner that will allow generations to also enjoy it. All of what we work with is connected to the environment and it is, for this reason, we monitor our footprint and effect on the factors we use for our business, this includes our supply chain and community.
b) Externally – Business Integrity (How We Work) –Social responsibility and Behaviour.
BDP also wishes to do business in a way that benefits all who are involved with BDP. We have a responsibility to preserve the integrity of our external working environment. This is done by making sure we act in a way that does not degenerate or destroy an honest working environment through acts of bribery and exploitation.
c) Internally – Responsible Labour Practices (Employee Care) – occupational health service, safe working environments, human rights (anti-child labour, discrimination, etc.)
Internally BDP works to have a high Occupational Health and Safety standard together with responsible labour practices making sure all employees (full-time, part-time, freelancer) are treated respectfully according to laws and through positive working conditions.
These translate into actions such as:
- Reuse wasted printer paper, boxes, plastics, and cardboard
- Sort garbage (glass, papers, electric devices, plastics)
- Recycle, whatever is possible to recycle (printer toners cartridges, electronic devices, newspapers, bottles, and glass, etc.)
- Use energy-saving measures to save carbon dioxide emissions.
- Buy local products where possible to save carbon dioxide emissions.
- Reducing unnecessary waste of products
- Use water, power, and heat with care
- Buy recycled products or products, which are composed of „green“ components (food, paper etc.) and thus environment-friendly.
- Use public means of transportation, walk or use a bike when attending meetings outside the office. Company bike available.
- Minimize the use of transportation by air and replace it by train where applicable.
- Increased use of online meetings and email.
Crowd Management & local environment (over-tourism)
- Limit the impact of our tour and programs on the local environment, it being nature, historical sites or urban communities, but careful planning and crowd management.
- Create products and programs with a focus on carbon dioxide emission limitation, sustainability and eco-products, i.e. by encouraging clients to attend walking tours, bike tours, etc.
- Encourage clients to book accommodation at sustainable-certified suppliers and hotels.
- Choose suppliers with a focus on sustainability policies and thinking and they come in as the first choice.
- Suppliers with sustainable policies and products will have priority when choosing suppliers.
- BDP believes in equal and sound business relations based on transparency and trust.
- BDP is against commercial exploitation, abuse of men, women, children, ethnic minorities. Furthermore, no discrimination of any kind and harassment whatsoever of staff, guests and all who work and have relations with BDP is accepted. We pay tribute to diversity and openminded-ness.
- BDP reject bribes of any form and follow the current laws in place to foster a legal, law-abiding business environment.
Working environment & health
- Offer the best and safe working environment for its staff – both physical and psychical.
- Consider sustainability in existing and new working routines. (E.g. encourage establishing more electronic routines)
- BDP follows all laws of Danish labour practices and we aim to keep the high Danish standard through our OHS system.
- Increase the awareness of sustainability and resource consumption issues to its staff through information sharing and education. Education is made continuously to keep up with the newest knowledge in sustainability.
- Setting up measurable goals for saving energy, waste, use less plastic, etc.
- Currently, evaluate our internal/external routines and processes and reconstruct them to minimize waste and emissions.
- Employees, management, and owners at BDP take responsibility for carrying out the principles and make the written word put into action. Every team member commits him or herself to act on this.
BDP – YOUR BEST DESTINATION PARTNER
For questions or comments about our sustainability policy, please contact Hanne Nehmar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travelife is a three-stage certification program for tour operators and travel agents: (1) Travelife Engaged; (2) Travelife Partner and (3) Travelife Certified. We were awarded the Travelife certified (stage 3). The Travelife Certified award is a recognition of our excellence towards social and environmental sustainability. We comply with more than 160 criteria related to sustainability management, office operations, working with suppliers and customer communication. Travelife is a certification body that is formally Accredited by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC), the highest global body for sustainability in tourism, supported by the United Nations.
BDP Sustainability Team
All of us are engaged in carrying out business in a sustainable manner but we have appointed experts who we can always turn to when we have a question, who are the most up-to-date on BDP’s sustainability efforts and who handles and coordinates all relevant practicalities.
SOFIA LOUISE LARSEN
+ 45 33 45 45 05
Managing Director &
+45 33 45 45 01
MARJA TIEFENTHAL BERENTSEN
+45 33 45 45 13